Subscribe TO the Kama Dc email list
TEACH A CLASS WITH KAMA DC:
We are always looking for more instructors! If you are an immigrant and would like to share a skill or passion with the DC community, we can make it happen.
When you volunteer to teach with us, you will:
- Share a skill, passion, or part of your heritage with your neighbors;
- Meet new people in your community with shared interests;
- Give back to your new community;
- Work with a KAMA organizer to develop your class;
- Practice your English (although proficiency in English is not required to teach because we have translators);
- Develop presentation, teaching, and public speaking skills;
- Build your resume.
KAMA DC's all-volunteer team will work with you to develop and plan a class on the topic you choose. We will provide the venue, class materials, and spread the word to potential students. No teaching experience is necessary– only a desire to connect with your community and share your skills, knowledge, or passion.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a meeting (usually a coffee) with one of our volunteers to start brainstorming ideas.
VOLUNTEER WITH KAMA DC:
We have recently taken on a number of new volunteers and have no specific openings at this time. However, if you are interested in getting involved, please send us an email at email@example.com and we'll get back to you!